October 12, 2010

Trash to Treasure

This is Charlie.


Charlie loves sports. He loves hockey, baseball, soccer, bowling, football, and golf. If it involves running, skating, a ball, a puck, throwing, kicking, shooting, passing, and scoring, Charlie is game. So high up on Charlie's list of most favorites are his soccer balls, footballs, hockey pucks, and baseballs. The problem was, where do we put them?

You know by now how I feel about plastic storage; I wasn't about to go that route. I needed something to keep all of our balls in one place and free from rolling everywhere. And it had to be an attractive solution because, why not? Charlie is crazy about sports, so why not make this storage solution work with his bedroom? I shopped the house {actually, I shopped our storage shed}, and happened upon this beauty:


A metal trash can - perfect! And free! I just gave this stud a quick cleaning and popped it into Charlie's room. Guess what? It's great!


Easy access to hours of fun, and quick clean up, too.


I could spray paint the can black or red or any color under the sun. Or I could paint it with chalkboard paint so Charlie could add his own artwork to it. I could make a little sign out of inexpensive wood and twine and lable it "SPORTS" or "PLAY BALL" or some other witty combination of words. But for now, I like the trash can as it is. And Charlie is ready for some soccer, and football, and basketball, and, well, you get the point.

Stay tuned for more peeks at Charlie's room. Big changes are underway, and I can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...