April 6, 2011

What's Wrong With This Picture?

What's wrong with this picture?

Not such an unusual sight at my house.

Pretty much everything. We're working on a little living room project at the moment, so books and framed pictures and telephone books and tools ended up on the kitchen counter, along with a can of Diet Pepsi, which my best friend's mother says will kill me. But did you notice my color fan deck in the midst of the mess? I've been toying with the idea of painting the kitchen cabinets green for a long time, remember? The one time I tried a sample on the cabinets by our barstools, I didn't love the color and painted them back to white. I filed the idea of green cabinets away for another day. Dave and I have recently gotten hooked on ABC's Modern Family, however, and I have fallen head over heels in love with Phil and Claire's kitchen. It's cozy, it's fresh, and the cabinets are a lovely shade of green!

via
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. One blogger guessed the cabinet color to be Castleton Mist by Benjamin Moore, but it's definitely not, at least not in my home. I just so happened to have a paint sample of Castleton Mist {Ha! Imagine that!}, and it looks far different from Phil and Claire's cabinets. Different lighting and environments can alter any paint color from home to home and even room to room; in my kitchen Castleton Mist takes on a very mint green tone.

I've been mixing different samples of greens and browns to find a recipe close to the shade on Modern Family. I'll continue looking through my paint chips, too, in pursuit of that perfect color. Will it work in our house? I don't know, but I'm not afraid to try it!

What have you done all wrong lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...