December 27, 2010

Gifts of a New Year

It's two days after Christmas. I don't know about you, but in this house, all traces of Christmas are long gone. Not the memories or the gifts {and certainly not the extra calories}, but the tree and the trimmings? Well the tree is in the yard awaiting a nice hot bonfire, and the decorations have been packed away until next November.


Hopefully this year you were gifted some of the most wonderful pleasures life has to offer: good food, friends and family, conversations that lasted hours but felt like minutes, long hugs, candy canes, and time to relax.


Those gifts that come wrapped are pretty fun, too. Frankie is three, and she's consistently asked for two things to be under the tree: Clorox Disinfecting Wipes and a dress to match Baby Dinosaur's blankie. She got both.


 
I surprised my husband with a coffee mug that I painted for him; he said it was his favorite gift ever.




My husband and kids spoiled me with my favorite treats, fancy new boots {they had a little help from me on that one}, and gift cards for spending on trivial luxuries. My mom, however, won the big points from me this year. She surprised me with a whole ton of Huggable Hangers - those very same ones you've seen on HSN. They've been on my list forever, and now they're in my closet.


My clothes thank me for that little added indulgence. No more camis slipping off their hangers! Goodbye forest green plastic! {Well, that's not entirely true. Forest green hangers still hang in my husband's section of the closet.}

With the promise of a new year just days away, I'm eager to put more of our favorite things into use and do away with the extras that clutter our home. I can't think of a better gift to my family and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...